We strive to be excellent partners for private equity sponsors and management teams, providing patient and thoughtfully structured capital to high growth companies.
We seek investments in privately-held companies with the following characteristics:
- Company in mid to later stage of development — growth and/or expansion need for financing
- Sophisticated financial and strategic sponsors already invested or committed to invest concurrently
- Prefer to invest “high in the capital structure” via secured, structured or convertible debt but also will consider equity investments. Can be extremely flexible with terms and conditions to meet requirements of a compelling business plan
- Up to 5 year investment period
- Opportunity to invest $10 million to $30 million
- Target industry sectors: communications, telecommunications,
media, and technology driven business services
We do not seek control investments. Control of our portfolio companies is typically in the hands of sophisticated institutional financial and strategic investors along with proven management. We will participate on boards when appropriate but do not require a board seat in order to invest. We typically require board observation rights. Notwithstanding the above, we are not passive investors and prefer investments where we can contribute value in the effort to guide companies toward profitable and timely exits.
We consider our relationships with other private equity funds and their managers as an important resource for direct investment deal flow. It is crucial to the success of our direct investment strategy to be completely aligned with the equity investors in our portfolio companies. We view our capital as an attractive alternative to often very dilutive and disruptive late stage equity. This view is shared by our private equity partners who are typically the majority investors in our portfolio companies.
Private Capital Portfolio